Date of Birth: 19th August 2002
Country: South Africa
Genres: Musical Theatre, Opera, Classical, Jazz, Pop, Drama
Alaska’s has a voice which is mature beyond her years. This as a result of her dedication and vocal training with coaches Lauren Dasappa, Chanel Hoyte (classical) and, Krystle
Temmerman. Alaska is currently under the tuition of Rosa De Castro Doran of Vocal Vibes. Alaska is also quite the accomplished dancer at Rythmic Dance Studio and together
with her vocal ability, her stage presence shines through in performances.
Selected as one of the 8 orphans for the Kickstart’s production of “Annie” at the Elizabeth Sneddon Theatre Durban.
Performed in the Glee Academy Showcase.
Selected for the Rising Star Academy production “Tribute To Disney”
Performed in Queens of the Opera” at the Rhumbelow Theatre in Durban.
Talent Africa Regional Awards:
- Received above 80% for vocal solo and musical theatre
- Placed 1st in her age group
- Made KwaZulu Natal team to represent her province in Roodepoort for Talent Africa Nationals
- Talent Africa Nationals Awards (Roodepoort):
- Received gold for vocal Broadway, vocal Country and vocal Duet
- Received Silver for Musical Theatre and vocal Open
- Made SA team to represent South Africa in the Talent America competition in New York.
Represented South Africa at Talent America in New York.
Talent America Awards:
- Pinnacle Trophy for highest points scored in age group 12 – 14 years in singing and highest points scored in dance,
- 1st Place – Musical Theatre Song and Dance
- 1st Place – Classical Duet
- 1st Place – Inspirational
- 2nd and 3rd Place – Pop (Alaska performed two numbers in the POP Category)
- 2nd Place – Country
- 3rd Place – Jazz
- Runner Up – Broadway song
Alaska performed in the lead role of “Cosette” in the Amanzimtoti High School in conjuntion with Musical Theatre International New York production of Les Misrables
Alaska released her first demo EP “Good Girl”
Alaska won 6 gold medals in her six solo vocal genres at the South African Talent Championships.
She was also selected for the AMTC Team to travel to Orlando Florida in July 2017.
Formed my band Alaska & The Northern Lights. Performed with my band at the Highlands Gathering as well as Zacks in Durban.
Released my debut single “Be Brave” a lovely ballad written and produced by Don Clarke.
Performed the role of Suzie in the Westville Theater Club production of “unPlugged The Musical”, a tribute to the music of Crosby Stills & Nash, Simon& Garfunkel and The Bee Gees.
Performed the role of Cinderella in the Westville Theater Club panto “Cinderella & Her Fella
Performed as a solo vocalist guest artist of OctoberSun Productions, in the Acoustic Evening show at Westville Theater Club